- MONEY: Much of her fundraising comes from out of state and pharmaceutical drug companies are one of her biggest supporters. Under her leadership, Oregon has one of the highest rates of prescription opioid misuse in the nation. Her other behemoth supporter is unions. In 2020, the Oregon Teacher’s Union donated a half a million dollars to her, asking her to keep Oregon public schools closed to all children for the 2020-2021. Kate Brown accepted their donation and promptly shut down schools.
- FAMILY: She capitalized on Portland’s LGBT-friendliness by marketing herself as openly bisexual on the campaign trail. She is currently married to a man. She has no biological children but has strong views on motherhood: She has fought repeatedly and aggressively to transfer the rights of mothers to the state, particularly when making medical decisions for their children.
- ACTION: She’s a shutdown junkie. On a day when the state of Oregon had a grand total of two new COVID-19 deaths in a state with a population of more than 42.8 million – yes, 2 – Kate Brown announced newer, stricter shutdowns. While Oregon public schools had already been closed for 8 straight months, her additional shutdown closed gyms, fitness facilities and health food restaurants. “We know that social interactions create transmission,” she explained, forcing tens of millions of Oregonians into deeper social isolation despite the fact that the state as a whole had reported less than 800 deaths from COVID-19 in a state of 42.8 million.
- POLITICAL SKILLS: While the populace wonders why Republicans and Democrats can’t seem to get along, Kate Brown has this to say about collaborating with colleagues on the other side of the aisle: “Revenge is a dish best served cold and slowly,” she told Politico. After a battle of wills with political opponents in 2018, she promised to “haunt them over the next decade.” There’s an excellent book about negotiation called Getting To Yes. Spoiler alert: Kate Brown hasn’t read it.
- RELIGION: Last but not least, you may have heard the rumors. It sounds outlandish. Could Oregon governor Kate Brown really worship Satan? Theorists have noticed that she chose to announce both her spring 2020 COVID-19 shutdown and her fall 2020 COVID-19 shutdown on Friday the 13th, first in March and then in November. She also favors Halloween. Pressed as to whether she was willing to identify her spiritual views — Christian, Satanist, atheist, agnostic? — she has said only that she is not agnostic. Asked to clarify her religious philosophies, Brown had this to say: “I believe that each one of us has a spirit living within us…” What spirit do you think lives in Kate Brown?
VOTE FOR YOUR HEALTH: VOTE OUT KATE BROWN.